Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tebow Time.......

So ol Timmy Tebow is a New York Jet now? Well I'll be damned.....Most likely from Tim Tebow himself. Ah I'm just kidding. He'll defiantly try to throw me some sort of a life line to keep from going to Hell since he is such a nice guy. Although chances are that it will be out of my reach.

But lets break this trade down. The Broncos, if they get the Peyton Manning of 2010, defiantly made the right decision by trading Tebow away. I know that a lot of the fan base is killing John Elway right now but come on, its not like they are replacing Tebow with Mark Sanchez or anything(too soon?). It Peyton Manning! Elway is pretty savvy though. He was never sold on Tebow and this was probably the only way to get out of this situation. But if Manning isn't healthy or just doesn't have it anymore then so help him Tebow cause it will get ugly.

Now just what the Jets are thinking here I don't know. But since it is the Jets it makes so much sense for them. As in it makes no sense to any of the other 31 teams so the Jets make a knee jerk reaction that, if I may go out on a limb here.......(ok I'm back, just needed some fresh air.) But I feel like they kind of panicked here. And why did they panic? The Patriots won the division again and made it to the super bowl. Now you might think that I think this cause I am a Pats fan but think about it. This was the third year in a row that the Jets were supposed to finally win the division and one up the Patriots. What happened? They finish 8-8 and watch the Pats go to, although lose, in the game the Jets came up one game short of the two years previous. Now Rex Ryan is the impulse buyer of the NFL. Instead of shopping around and getting good deals and better products he just buys the first thing he see. Tebow was the flashiest thing on the shelf so he snatched it up real quick. I could be wrong but I have a feeling there is at least a little bit of truth to this.
Now to the part on weather this will work or not. It has a chance, albeit a small chance. And if you ask me the only way this will work is if they admit Sanchez is not their answer at QB and go with Tebow from the start and stick to their guns on the run game. And if Tebow can hit the broad side of a barn. And if that defense can get back to their 2010 form. And with divine intervention. But honestly this Jet (see what I did there) is already on fire and if they don't put it out real soon they are going to be looking for a place to ditch it.
And this was a late night rambling of Thome about Tm Tebow. I'm sure there will be more to come......

No comments:

Post a Comment