Sunday, November 21, 2010

It's Like a Post Apocalypse Airport Here




So, this isn't sports related, but it's like 1:30ish to two oclock and I'm in a small plastic play house that sits in the middle of playland here in the SLC Airport. You would think that having free reign of a major airport would be AWESOME. (I sure did) but you'd be wrong.

Here's why spending the night in an Airport SUX

1) The only people that are here are other passengers who are too cheap to get a hotel. And, the night cleaning crew...In short don't leave your bags unintended. I'm using mine as a pillow

2) They do have soothing music playing, but it gets interrupted every 11:45:00 mins by an announcement about how not to let anyone tamper with our bags and whatnot. Thanks

3) The airport doesn't know how to turn off a light...It's so bright EVERYWHERE!

4) The chairs all have armrest that don't move up, and all the good benches have already been staked out.

5) I don't know how many times someone ridding a vacuum or a floor buffer is going to drive by my playpalace, but it's really starting to annoy me!

6) I'm so hungry, but everything is closed, and I can't go to sleep, for obvious reasons. (If you need some help refer to items 1-5)

7) I'm not lying, I just heard one of the vacuum ridders ask another if he wanted to race...Ironically enough they didn't pass by any faster

8) Hey they just drastically dimmed the lights THAT'S GREAT!

So, you might have asked yourself why has Wayne Bass chosen to camp out in the play place plastic house. 2 reasons:

1) It's darker inside

2) I feel my bags are safer as I attempt to fall a sleep

Real quick I found an awesome spot. It was a dinning area, with padded booth seating and it was super dark. Why am I not there you may say. It's because of a loud BEEP BEEP every 3 seconds from the Burger King Kitchen. You know how people who live by train tracks after a while can't hear the train's? We'll I thought I could do the same. 20mins latter I just had a headache.

We'll like I said sorry this has nothing to do with sports, but what are you going to do about it?

3 comments:

  1. well its about 5:30 a.m. and I think I had successfully creeped out some parents when I get woken up by the voice of a little kid say. "Look it's a house!"

    Also, someone came and did a phenomenal job of cleaning up that play place and for the life of me I slept right thru it :)

    I don't think I'm going to sleep in an airport again, if I can avoid it

    ReplyDelete
  2. that picture doesn't look like SLC International . . . maybe i just haven't been there in a while

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks different when no one is there

    ReplyDelete