Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Paradigm Shift...Isn't it About Time?


I am not a League Commissioner, I am just a simple team owner, but I propose a change brethren! So, lend me your ears! Many of you a while back when I was trying to get Rob Warnick into the league had stated that an eleven man fantasy league would be too much and we can't kick someone out just because... So, I've been talking with a couple of the guys in the league and I think that we've came up with an idea on how to "expand the pie". And, that is if we suspend the last place team from the league for the following year. And, then the next year he comes back in and the next last place guy takes the season off.

This would be good for a couple of reasons: First, it would keep guys playing til the end. Because once someone realizes that they are not going to make the playoffs it then becomes easy to quit for the rest of the year. Second, it would get Rob Warnick a guy who really wants to be apart of this into the league...

Another thing that Quinn and Joe had been talking about is if the next years draft be decided by the order we finished the previous season, just like in the NFL. So, who ever is coming off of their bye year gets the first round pick and who ever finished 9th gets the second pick and so forth.

It has also been proposed that we discuss matters concerning the league in Tempe Az in January...I hate the snow and I would love to go down and see Quinn and Joe again, we could hold our Official I Phelta Thi Fantasy Football meeting at the Tilted Kilt... (Just a suggestion)

Anyways, I think a major change like this should require like an 8 to 10 vote instead of a simple majority vote.

What do ye say?

PS. I say that these new rules don't come into effect until next year, so Dan is exempt from being suspended this year.

4 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of either idea. If I finished last I would be be pissed if I got kicked out and would never play in the league again. Second, I think we should stick to the random draft order. It's the fair way to do it. I do like Rob, maybe Dan or Ryan would respectfully withdraw and he could join.
    My vote is to keep it the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, the idea was just a one year suspension, and then the next year they are back in and the next guy to get last is on a one year suspension. This will keep Fantasy Football interesting for the last 4 teams who won't make it into the playoffs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The random draft order IS NOT FAIR AT ALL. I've finished first in our league, I've finished in the middle and I've finished near the bottom, but I've never had a top 5 pick in our league. EVER. So how is it fair?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really don't think the draft order matters at all. fantasy football is all about luck for the most part. I really don't think that draft order matters at all. That's why I don't think we should change it. If Dan picks first next year I don't think that ensures he'll do well.

    ReplyDelete