I figure that eventually someone will do a top ten list on this blog. So I might as well be the first. So, without further adieu, I give you the Top Ten Cool Sports Names!
10. Usain Bolt - Bolt is the man's last name and he's a sprinter. Lightning is fast. So is he.
9. Shaquille O'Neal - Names that rhyme are just plain cool. His nickname of Shaq is pretty cool because it takes a shoddy piece of construction (a shack) and changes it's spelling to a Q instead of a CK. Dang. I wish I could do that with my name.
8. Bill Romanowski - This is the epitome of cool football names. I feel like I just got my bell rung by saying his name. Talk about tough.
7. Tiger Woods - It'd be cooler if his name was Lyger Woods. Lygers are cooler than tigers and would win in a sword fight.
6. Dirk Nowiski - The man's name is Dirk. There's something to be said about one syllable names and European last names and kicking A.
5. Mookie Blaylock - Remember this guy? He was never a huge basketball star but had a solid career throughout the 90's. He was tough because his name was Mookie and he had to defend it and I guess he won.
4. Coco Crisp - The man's name makes me hungry for omelets. You may have thought it would make me hungry for breakfast cereal but it doesn't.
3. Satchel Paige - His first name is another word for Purse. I'm glad his mom went with Satchel instead of Purse.
2. Knowshon Moreno - I don't know Sean but I know of Sean.
1. Yogi Berra - No I did not say Yogi Bear steals pickanick baskets. I said Yogi Berra was an amazing baseball player.
****Criteria for making my list****
1. The only criteria for making my list is that I had to find it sufficiently cool. Anybody have any other suggestions? Also, this list is not exclusive. There are probably other cool names out there.